Picture this – you’ve landed in Fuerteventura and you’re welcomed by the year-round hot tropical breeze that this island is renowned for. Now fast forward to the hotel spa, where you’ll indulge in a couples massage or a dip in the hot tub with a cocktail in hand.
That’s just the beginning! There are plenty of love-filled escapes in the heart of this Canary Island beauty. Alongside the island’s 80 sun-soaked beaches, tranquil surroundings and volcanic landscapes – take your pick from fancy adult only hotels, relaxing resorts and activities that will create memories that last a lifetime.
With that in mind, lets explore the best resorts in Fuerteventura for couples.
North: Fuerteventura’s northern coast places you in the heart of all the action. Romantic restaurants, secluded stretches, cosy bars and major attractions await. You won’t be able to escape the island’s iconic mountainous scenery – making the resorts here unforgettable.
The largest resort on the island, escape to Corralejo for Blue Flag awarded stretches, sweeping dunes and a romanticised Old Town. This action-packed hotspot is perfect for lively couples who are always on the search for something fun to do.
Once a small fishing village, now an all-singing, all-dancing area situated on Fuerteventura’s northern coast. You and your other half can head on jeep safaris, take a glass-bottom boat across the Atlantic, or stargaze at Tefia Observatory. Round your day off with a night in Music Square which is overflowing with live performances, bars and restaurants.
Want to escape the hustle and bustle? Just opposite you’ll find the small island of Los Lobos which is a protected natural area and a beach bum’s paradise. Grab your snorkelling gear and take to the clear waters as you and your partner swim with the tropical sea life – what an experience!
Best hotels for couples:
- The View Hotel Resort: A collection of mini villas, you’ll have the peace and quiet you’ve longed for at this 4 star hotel. Take advantage of a private pool, central location and outdoor garden area – there’s plenty onsite too!
- H10 Ocean Dreams Boutique Hotel: Just footsteps from the white sand beach of Corralejo, this adult only establishment provides a relaxing atmosphere, ultra-modern facilities and a spa area to die for.
- Labranda Bahia de Lobos: King-size pools, sports courts and a clubhouse hosting a wealth of entertainment, this hotel is a real all-rounder.
Did you know? The 2016 Brad Pitt movie, Allied was filmed in the nearby Parque Natural de Corralejo. The sand dunes were dubbed as the Saharan Desert.
Caleta de Fuste
Although quieter than its neighbouring northern resort Corralejo, Caleta de Fuste is still one of the top resorts for couples. Enchanting golden sands that stretch for miles and alluring azure waters make the beaches here the ultimate honeymoon or wedding spot.
If your partner is a keen golfer, they’ll certainly be impressed by the 18-hole golf course and unparalleled green landscape. Meanwhile, you can explore 250-year-old fortresses or bask in year-round sunshine poolside. Discover hidden gems together with a selection of sightseeing tours, or hit one of Fuerteventura’s top spas such as Soul Massage or Barcelo.
Dinner dates are unforgettable here, with restaurants specialising in Spanish, Chinese, Indian and other culinary masterpieces – all with spectacular views of the island’s famous lunar backdrop.
Best hotels for couples:
- Elba Carlota Beach Hotel: Nothing beats the magical views from this 4 star hotel, alongside this couples can enjoy an adult only heated pool area, sports courts, daily entertainment and a selection of flavourful dishes at the All Inclusive buffet.
- Sheraton Fuerteventura Beach Golf & Spa: Situated on the beachfront, this lavish accommodation boasts 5 stars. Favoured for its saunas, body wraps and hot tubs, nothing screams luxury like this Sheraton hotel.
- Broncemar Beach: A firm favourite among holidaymakers for its village-like build, All Inclusive status and modern rooms – the Broncemar Beach will lure you in with its heated swimming pool and beach location.
Top tip: Overflowing with natural beauty, we’d recommend a trip to the Botanical Gardens for a romantic stroll.
South: The south coast is renowned for its peaceful ambience, which is why it’s a top destination for couples looking to escape everyday life. Combine the unspoilt never-ending expanse of white sand with its old town charm, alongside national parks boasting unbeatable views, and you’ve got yourself a magical holiday spot.
Playa Jandia Morro
Who needs the Caribbean when you’ve got the beaches of Jandia Morro at your fingertips. We’re talking about white powder grains perfect for toe-sinking strolls and clear warm waters – tempted?
If that wasn’t enough, Jandia Morro is where you’ll find the 807-metre-tall Pico de la Zarza, the highest point on the island. Hike, drive or take a 4×4 to the top, either way watching the sunset from this towering peak is a one-of-a-kind date night.
You can always go dolphin spotting on a catamaran cruise or find unique buys at the weekly markets. Round your adventures off with a few cocktails along the chic beachfront, where delicious smells fill the air and fancy bars are waiting.
Best hotels for couples:
- Occidental Jandia Mar: This newly built property is super stylish with its five bars, three restaurants, spa and beachfront location. Whether you’re swimming in its many pools or enjoying a luxurious body treatment, you’ll be in awe of this hotel.
- Labranda Cactus Garden: Recently refurbished and now an ultra-modern establishment, the Labranda Cactus Garden offers show cooking, entertainment, a cocktail bar and free Wi-Fi – what more could you want?
- Iberostar Fuerteventura: An adult only 5 star beauty, this hotel is nothing short of glamorous. Enjoy enchanting sea views, swinging from hammocks or VIP access to the spa.
Love will certainly be in the air with a holiday to one of these Fuerteventura resorts!