The Top 5 Greek Islands for The Best Nightlife
This country is comprised of hundreds of islands, each one offering something unique to holidaymakers. Among them are those renowned for a party atmosphere. It’s in these corners of Greece that you’ll find neon-lit bars and pulsating nightclubs tempting tourists in with drinks promotions, world-famous DJs and themed events.
Whether you’re on holiday with your best friends or significant other, if sipping colourful cocktails and dancing into the early hours of the morning is a priority, you need to make sure you book your flights to the right resort.
While you’ll find bars and clubs across many of the islands, here are the top 5 Greek Islands for nightlife.
The nightlife on this island in the Cyclades takes place at beach bars rather than clubs – although there are several. Mykonos has been referred to as the ‘Ibiza of Greece’ and is a popular destination with celebrities.
Where is the party? Mykonos Town – particularly around Paradise Beach.
What to expect: Partying in Mykonos is both classy and stylish, which is why it attracts so many A-listers. The world’s most famous DJs perform at open-air parties and cocktail bars. Many crank up the music in the afternoon and continue right through to the early hours.
- Cavo Paradiso
- Tropicana Beach Bar & Restaurant
- Super Paradise Beach Club
- Paradise Beach Club
Where to stay
- Vencia Boutique Hotel: Lap up luxury at this premium hotel in jaw-dropping Mykonos. Just moments from the island centre and boasting panoramic beach views – what’s not to love about this stylish establishment? Rooms are modern with breathtaking veranda views, while the hotels infinity number offers unparalleled vistas.
- My Mykonos Hotel: Set in a peaceful location, enjoy pure tranquility with a stay at this luxury retreat. It’s new on the hotel scene which is showcased through its ultra-modern decor and fancy facilities. Find a pool bar on hand dishing out fruity concoctions and atmospheric taverna waiting to satisfy your palate.
- Horizon Mykonos: This fancy number is exclusively for adults and just 700m from the Aegean coastline. There’s only 34 rooms for added intimacy and they all sit on a bay of crystal waters and golden sands. If privacy and hot Greek sunshine is what you’re after, this is the place to be.
Make your way to the east coast of the island during July and August to discover the best nightlife in Crete. It’s a popular destination for Club 18-30 as well as stag and hen parties.
Where is the party? Malia – the best clubs line Beach Road
What to expect: Partygoers sip on fishbowls, taking advantage of the drinks promotions to get 2-for-1 offers or free shots. Themed nights are popular, including foam parties and silent discos.
DJs provide the music from when the clubs open around midnight until they close between 4 and 6am. If this is too early, head to Petrino’s – a 24-hour bar where you can continue the party for as long as you want.
- Candy Club
- Banana Club
- Zig Zags
- Jumpin Jaks
Where to stay
- City Green Hotel: A favourite among holidaymakers for its 4 star amenities, top-notch service and stellar location, the City Green Hotel has it all. Its All Inclusive status means you can overindulge in endless food and drink from the moment you arrive, while its contemporary furnishings provide ultimate comfort come bedtime.
- Mitsis Laguna Resort & Spa: If 5 star luxury is on your bucket list, it doesn’t get better than a hotel from the Mitsis collection. Lavish from top to bottom, expect high-end facilities, spacious suites with complimentary offerings and one-of-a-kind customer service. Did we mention it’s on the beach?
- Mediterraneo Hotel: Just a 20-minute stroll from the coast, this hidden gem awaits with all its glory. Offering a mini waterpark for children, a cocktail spot for adults and a gym for fitness buffs, there’s truly something for everyone.
Visit Zante to discover one of the most popular and biggest party resorts in the country. It’s home to more than 100 bars and clubs and there is always a lively atmosphere on the beach and out at sea on party boats.
Where is the party? Laganas – around The Strip
What to expect: There is often an entry fee, but this is usually reasonably priced, especially compared to clubs across Europe. There are plenty of drinks promotions to ensure your money goes further, too. Inside the clubs you’ll find international DJs and themed nights. While outside, beach parties continue until the sun comes up.
- Rescue Club
- Cherry Bay
- Waikiki Club
Where to stay
- Keri Village Zante: Spoiling you with adult only exclusivity, comfy accommodation and a high quality dining experience, this hotel will become your home-away-from-home. Its stand-out All Inclusive program will keep your stomach full and your mind entertained for hours. There’s a free shuttle service into Zante town and Keri caves are just below.
- Hotel Majestic Spa: Spread across four buildings, this 4 star hotel is larger-than-life. There’s a main pool area with a bar on hand for cocktails in the sun, as well as Wi-Fi zones to keep your social media updated. Placed in Laganas, you’re not too far from the party atmosphere.
- Hotel Astir Beach: This affordable establishment is a great base for sun worshippers with its attractive beachfront location. Rooms offer large balconies allowing you to soak up the Greek rays, while the buffet restaurant cooks up a storm. The extensive pool area overlooks the Aegean Sea and surrounding mountain vistas.
This island in the Cyclades has been described as one of the best party islands in the world. It’s incredibly popular among groups of youngsters looking for an all-night party. However, there’s also a quiet side to Ios, if you want to escape the wild nightlife for an evening.
Where is the party? Chora – the island’s capital
What to expect: The party starts on Mylopotas Beach during the afternoon where you can dance with a backdrop of the Aegean before the clubs open at midnight and continue until sunrise.
The best bars and clubs:
- Disco 69
- Far Out Beach Club
- Traffic Bar
- Slammer Bar
Kos is the liveliest island in the Dodecanese but it tends to be quiet during the day, only coming to life after the sun goes down. When it does, however, it boasts nightlife to rival the other islands.
Where is the party? Kardamena – Bar Street
What to expect: The night gets going slowly, starting with aperitifs in the main square. This is usually cocktails or the more traditional liquor ouzo, accompanied by antipasti. But, from midnight you’ll be dancing until the early hours of the morning. All musical tastes are catered for across a wide selection of bars and clubs.
- Downtown Club
- Cactus Saloon
- Status Club
Where to stay
- Mitsis Family Village: Just a short distance from the hotel you’re among some of the island’s major draws including its nightlife. However, once you check out your luxurious 5 star accommodation you won’t want to leave with its infinity pool, swim-up rooms and gourmet restaurants.
- Mitsis Norida Beach: Another member of the legendary Mitsis collection, this chic hotel is an All Inclusive paradise. There’s waterslides, a relaxation pool, nightly entertainment and that’s just for starters. Rooms overlook beautifully manicured gardens of the Aegean Sea depending on your added perks.
- Ikos Aria: If you want to be in the centre of all the action, this is the hotel for you. Its 5 star rating will ensure a glamorous stay with All Inclusive drinks brought straight to your lounger. There’s a choice of pools and an adult only area for those seeking tranquility. You’ll feel like an A-lister with the added benefits of a pillow menu and Champagne on arrival.
So, choose which island you fancy partying at first and don’t forget to pack your dancing shoes…